Install & Upgrade (Recommended)
To upgrade using Install & Upgrade, please refer to the Install & Upgrade documentation.
PHP needs the same write permissions as under Install, or remote plugin & theme have to be updated manually.
- Your first step is to download the add-on from your customer area. Once you download, save the .zip file somewhere you are familiar with.
- Next, you will want to extract the files. After that is done you will need to upload the contents inside the upload folder into your root XenForo directory.
- After you have uploaded the files you will need to navigate to the Add-ons section within your XenForo admin panel. Here you will see it listed under "Upgradeable add-ons". Just click Upgrade!
Upgrading from XPress 1.0.0 Patch Level 5 to XPress 1.1.0
Note: We advise to take at least 30 minutes of time to complete this update. As this is a major step, upgrading should be done with full attention to the steps.
Note: We recommend to disable your XenForo installation for the duration of the upgrade. You can do so via XenForo ACP → Setup → Options → Board Active.
- Head to your WordPress Dashboard → Appearance → Themes and switch the theme to the default theme.
- Head to your WordPress Dashboard → Plugins → Installed Plugins and deactivate the XPress plugin.
- Head to your XenForo ACP → Add-ons → Add-ons and disable the XPress add-on.
- Upload the WordPress XPress plugin, the WordPress XPress theme (optional), the XenForo XPress add-on and the XenForo XLink add-on.
- Head to your WordPress Dashboard → Plugins and reactivate the XPress plugin. It should now show the version 1.1.0.
- Head to your WordPress Dashboard → Appearance → Themes and reactivate the XPress theme (optional).
- Head to your XenForo ACP → Add-ons → Add-ons and install the XLink add-on.
- Upgrade the XPress add-on from the same page.
- Reactivate the XPress add-on.
- Head to XenForo ACP → XLink → Platforms to ensure, that the platform link has been established.