Creating a Topic
You can create a topic by navigating to Topics > Thread topics and selecting the Add topic button. Choose Save when finished.
- Title Enter the name of the thread topic.
- Description Enter a description for the thread topic.
- Associated forum This is the forum that a thread will live in if this topic is chosen. If this value is changed, all threads associated with this topic will be moved to the new forum.
- Topic group If you select a topic group, it will only be possible for a user creating a thread to select from the same group up to the number of topics set in Topics > Options > Maximum number of thread topics selectable from same group. Thread topics that are not within a thread topic group will be unaffected.
- Can be selected as additional topic If enabled, this topic can also be selected as an additional topic. When added to a thread as an additional topic, the thread will not inherit any attributes from the associated node, such as permissions, but will be found in that topics thread list as well. It is recommended to turn this option off for topics that are associated with nodes that have a special permission set applied (such as administrator only forums).
- Background color The background color of the thread topic. Your text color will be automatically defined by your background color. In most instances, your text color will appear as white unless the background color defined is extremely bright, in which case the text color will appear as black.
- Additional classes Set additional classes for styling through CSS.
Creating a Topic Group
You can create a topic by navigating to Topics > Thread topics and selecting the Add group button. Choose Save when finished.
- Title The name for your thread topic group. Topic group titles are only visible in the Admin Control Panel.
- Topics Select the topics to be in the group. Selecting a topic that is already assigned to a topic group will re-assign it as topics can only be in one topic group.