Some platform options are available to all remote platforms. The list of these options and what they do specifically is given below. Additional Platform Options maybe be listed in the documentation for the remote platform.
Platform Title A unique title for this remote platform. This helps identifying the platform under various circumstances.
Disk path This is the absolute path on your servers disk to the remote platform’s root installation directory. XLink attempts to auto-detect your remote installation for you and offers you a list of suggested directories. Please verify the directory before saving the platform.
If the correct directory is not listed, or no potential directory has been found, you may have to enter the disk path manually.
Use custom path Specify your installation directory here, if it isn't in the list of automatically detected installation directories above. Use the absolute path.
URL The absolute URL to this platform’s installation. This is the URL you type into your browser to access the front page of your remote platform.
Show ads If enabled, ads that are set to the respective remote platform specific ad positions are shown on this remote platform. This option does not affect ads that are on public ad positions such as the site container.
Generate remote accounts If enabled, remote accounts will be generated on a variety of occasions, if no existing linked account is found for the user, such as registration, or login into the platform. Disabling this will completely disable automatic account generation. Existing accounts will still be automatically linked based on email addresses.
Notice: Single sign-on may not be available for all remote platform types. Please refer to the individual documentation of the platform type for more information on whether this functionality is supported.
- Remote accounts only If selected, users may only log into the remote platform with their remote platform accounts.
- Remote and XenForo accounts If selected, users can log into the remote platform with either their remote platform accounts or their linked XenForo accounts. If no account is linked, an account will be generated only if automated account generation is enabled above.
- XenForo accounts only If selected, users can log into the remote platform with their linked XenForo accounts only. If no account is linked, an account will be generated only if automated account generation is enabled above.
- Single sign-on If enabled, users will automatically be logged into the remote platform with their linked account when they are currently logged in into XenForo. Manual login into the remote platform will be disabled. If no account is linked, an account will be generated only if automated account generation is enabled above.
Count remote stats If enabled, remote statistics will be periodically pulled in from this platform and will become available in XenForo for various things such as profile display and user criteria.
Default style This style will be chosen for display if the user is browsing the linked platform in the default style.
Default section context Unless overwritten on a specific page on the platform, this section context will be selected on all platform pages.
- Cross-Origin mode Cross-Origin mode will assist you in setting up your WordPress and XenForo installation on different subdomains of your server. When enabled, all Ajax requests sent from WordPress will have the withCredentials parameter appended and all resources will be loaded with absolute URLs. This option is for advanced users only, and you might be required to do additional server-side configuration in order to make this work.