Creating a Giphy API Key & Setting it up on Giphy
- Register for an account on their website.
- After registering, navigate to the API webpage.
- Click on “Create an App” before adding a name into the “App Name” field and a description to the “App Description” field.
- Next, an API Key will be generated which needs to be copied into the required field in Giphy Options in XenForo.
- Navigate to Setup > Options > [TH] Giphy > Paste the API key into the “API Key” field before clicking the “Save” button.
- Then you are set up! Enjoy [TH] Giphy!
API Key - This key is required to be able to use this add-on and it’s functionality. You are able to get it on the Giphy API page after creating an account and an application.
Insert method - Choose if it will be inserted as an image or media in the post.
Allowed Rating - This setting allows you to set a specific rating for what GIF’s can be seen when a user searches a specific keyword in the search bar.
Style - This setting allows you to set a specific viewing style when searching for GIFs by keyword.
Giphy Style Properties
To navigate to the style properties for Giphy, go to ACP > Appearance > Styles & templates > Style properties > [TH] Giphy.
Icon type for Giphy editor icon - This setting allows you to choose if you want to use a custom image or icon. After setting this, you are able to input the custom image link or FontAwesome icon prefix below.
Giphy icon value - This field box allows you to input the custom image which is used on the button used for GIF’s on the text editor. You are also able to use a FontAwesome icon prefix as well.